Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Revved up Like a Deuce, Another Runner in the Night

You know how sometimes you get home from work and your tired and you just don't feel like going for a run? I had one of those today.

I was dragging my butt, I was thinking to myself.....it's grey out....it's cold out....it's a hard workout....and of course, I don't want to!!!

I had to do hills tonight. 3 long sets of hills of twenty minutes. And I didn't want to!

By the end of it, on my 3rd set, I felt like Superwoman. I kept climbing up as the sun was setting, the view kept getting better and better as I was flying...up...up...UP!! I was having so much fun I ended up running further, just so I could catch the last sunshine rays of the day.

When I got to the top the sun was blinding and just about to dip behind the mountains. Blinded by the Light came on the IPod, I was singing at full volume and giggling simultaeously and I laughed allowed because I was having way too much fun!!!



Climbing....

Climbing....CLIMBING.....




Up...Up...UP!!!

That's where I live!

Last Sun




Blinded By the Light!

Revved up like a Deuce

Another Runner in the Night.....!!

Blinded By the Light


Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night

Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night

Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night

Madman drummers bummers, Indians in the summer with a teenage diplomat

In the dumps with the mumps as the adolescent pumps his way into his hat

With a boulder on my shoulder, feelin' kinda older, I tripped the merry-go-round

With the stereo pleasin' and sneezin' and wheezin, the calliope crashed to the ground

The calliope crashed to the ground

Oh she was...Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night

Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night

Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night

Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night

Some silicone sister with a manager mister told me I got what it takes

She said "I'll turn you on sonny to something strong, play the song with the funky break"

And go-cart Mozart was checkin' out the weather charts to see if it was safe outside

And little Early-birdy came by in his curly-wurly and asked me if I needed a ride

Oh she was...Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night

Blinded by the light -

She got down but she never got tired She's gonna make it through the night She's gonna make it through the night

But mama, that's where the fun is But mama, that's where the fun is.

Mama always told me not to look into the eye's of the sun, but mama, that's where the fun is!

Some brimstone baritone Andy Sack from rolling stone preacher from the east

Says "Dethrone the dictaphone, hit it in it's funny bone,that's where they expect it least"

And some new-mown chaperone was standin' in the corner,watching the young girls dance

And some fresh-sown moonstone was messin' with his frozen zone,reminding him of romance The calliope crashed to the ground

Cos she was...Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night

6 comments:

CoyoteGirl said...

OMG! That is just so beautiful and inspiring!!!

Hey, I live right near SF - ping me and lets exhange emails...maybe we can meet up while you're down here!

Meghan said...

Oh gorgeous, Leslie!

So, I just woke up from sleeping off the night shift at work. I'm sippin' coffee, reading your blog, looking at the snowstorm outside, and thinking about the hill workout (6 x 5 min hard effort, equal recoveries, shorter but faster than your workout) I have to do shortly. The snowstorm makes the idea highly unappealing (Pieces of snow in my face, again?), but your blog has now motivated me. Thanks for that!

Meghan

PS. Nice G-bear pics. I like the bear slang.

Leslie said...

My husband Keith took them photos of the G-Bear from the car last year. He was driving to Jasper early one spring morning and saw B-Bears, G-Bears, a moose and (very rare) a woodland caribou!

Now go out and run!

Leslie

Leslie said...

Thanks CG!! That is a very generous offer! I'd love to meet up. However, I am so technologically-challenged, that I have no idea what a "ping" is! Maybe some techno-savvy friends can help me and my blog get more current??

Leslie

Goyo said...

Very nice... I wish I could think of something deeper, more sophisticated, but I'm just me.

Thanks for the images and wonderful words.

Vanessa said...

My husband Keith took them photos of the G-Bear from the car last year. He was driving to Jasper early one spring morning and saw B-Bears, G-Bears, a moose and (very rare) a woodland caribou! Now go out and run! Leslie