Saturday, August 1, 2009

The B.U.T.T = F.U.N

It's a simple equation. Take a week off work, gather some trail running friends and hit the trails for 5 days of running the incredible trails of my very own backyard.

We just finished up Day 5 of the B.U.T.T and in a nutshell, good friends, good trails, good times. And if I didn't already love the trails of my backyard before, I am even more smitten. Each of the 5 days of running were quint-essential Canadian Rockies scenery: a kaleidoscope of snow, ice, rock, forest and wild flowers. All the back drop to the star attraction: the biggest, baddest jagged rocky mountains you've ever laid your eyes on. Yep, I love my backyard. And now I love it even more.

Thanks to Keith for coordinating, cooking and shuttling a bunch of smelly runners. And a special thanks to all the friends for joining me on my adventure!
More photos, stories and trail reports of all 5 days coming soon.








8 comments:

Danni said...

Oooh I can't wait!

Anthony Brantley said...

You are so lucky, looking forward to more photos.

AB

Jill Homer said...

Sounds amazing. I'm so jealous.

Anonymous said...

i know the report is coming but can you just give me a quick idea of how long it took to run the full rockwall?? thanks.

Leslie said...

Hi Anon,

The Rockwall took us 12 hours and we were travelling steady but slow. With a group of 5, the incredible scenery, the flowers in full bloom, there was a LOT of dawdling going on (in a good way!)I looked it up and the last time I did it solo, it took 10.5 hours for the 55km. You've got to do it!

Paul Charteris said...

Sounds like an incredibly fun time and epic scenery. Whoever named your Banff landmarks must have been given a job in New Zealand. Galatea is near me and we have a Buller Pass in the Suth Island.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the timings sunshine girl. needed those. i am planning to run it a few days from now.

one more question ... which direction did you run it and is that the best way to go?

thanks,
duncan

Leslie said...

Hi Duncan! Is that British speedy Duncan? How are you?

I've always run it from Floe Lake to Paint Pots. It's 14km from Helmet Falls out, but it's relatively runnable when you are knackered. The other direction would be tough, and the Floe Lake trail is an accident waiting to happen for a tired trail runner! Hope you had a great weekend and let me know how it went.

Drop me a note at:

www.lesinbanffathotmail.com

Leslie