Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Shadow Lake Lodge



Just returned from a little run up Tunnel Mountain.....it was my first run in 5 days as I had to take a few days off nursing some NASTY blisters!! But all is well.....thanks to some rest and our dry climate, my feet are looking good(-ish? better? enough?) for the race on Orcas Island on Saturday. Yikerz. My touring boots had been giving me some grief on longer outings, so I made some adjustments to them before I went up to Shadow Lake Lodge....OOOOPS....big mistake! By the time I got half way up the 13 km ski-in, I knew I had something big and nasty festering on the backs of my heels, but I sucked it up and just kept going. No surprise: when I got to the lodge and took the boots off I had two scary monsters and one big mess. The week before a 50k race!! But all is well....my poor little feet have enjoyed a few days off and so have I.

Fridays' long run turned into a bit of an adventure as well.....an hour into what started as a nice day, a little BLIZZARD rolled in and when I came out of the trees the wind and snow were blowing so bad I was worried about frostbite! So I ended up staying on some trails in the woods and piecing together a 4 hour run.....because it was much cozier in the trees! After that, I came home and did a quickie-presto-chango, stuffed a bunch of gear in my pack, grabbed my skis and drove to the trailhead for my ski-in to Shadow Lake. Phew! And then came the blisters.....

My Big Butt


So I was forced to sit on my duff all day Saturday and Sunday morning. But it turned out to be so AWESOME! If you are ever stuck on your butt for a few days, a cozy backcountry lodge on a comfy couch in front of the fire is THE place to do it!! I relaxed so well, I ate like the queen that I am.....and I polished off my latest book. I relax well. No guilt here. Ever. It was also -31c when we woke up on Saturday morning. That helped me with my decision to sit tight and heal. The next morning when we got up it was only -2c. Crazy. Weather. Here.

I got to hang out in my favorite long undies (see photo My Big Butt!) in front of the fire for a few more hours before skiing out. Everyone else at the lodge was in such a hurry to ski out that I got to enjoy a few hours by myself lingering....(did I mention the fire and the couch??)...and then skiied out with the friends. Incidently, the last two times I was on this trail I was running and both times I ran into bears so I was glad that 1. It is winter. 2. There are no bears in winter.




3 comments:

Angie Miller said...

The text below cannot be read sequentially. In addition, Ni-MH electric battery ought to be fully released before being billed. That would only work if you had 4 tiny cell phones. Nevertheless, that stated, no technology is ideal and PS3 controller problems are not that rare.

yanmaneee said...

yeezys
supreme new york
nike air max
mlb jerseys
nike air max 270
yeezy shoes
kd 12
kyrie 4
hermes belts
hermes

Unknown said...

Learn More Here j4w80m8e30 replica louis vuitton bag replica bags online shopping india t4o85g1a90 read this b0r43v5y81 Ysl replica handbags replica bags los angeles y7z88g5r90 replica bags chicago go to these guys f3d11e5p82 replica bags in london