Monday, December 17, 2007

The City

The City: Calgary is a great city as far as cities go......it is an easy drive on a divided highway, an hour and a half East of Banff. The people are friendly, there is lots of green space and it is easy to get around. Things people don't know about Calgary: they have the worlds greatest bike pathway system! There are hundreds of kilometres of paved bicycle paths. As a runner, this city rocks....and as a trail runner, you can find some nice trails. North Glenmore Park, Nose Hill Park, Edworthy Park and Fish Creek Park are all huge natural areas.....right in The City!

When you live in a small town visiting The City can be completely overwhelming. So when I go to Calgary I try and keep it to simple pleasures! There are 3 things I love in Calgary: my mom, Codo (Vietnamese Noodle House), and Costco!! So most of the time, it is an enjoyable day with good food, good shopping and good quality time. But I sure am glad when I arrive back home.....when I see the mountains I always immediately relax after a busy day in The City.


This is the view out my front window......I'll take it over The City.



Cascade Mountain - My view:

No comments: