Saturday, May 31, 2008

Nipika Race Report

Geez, I have had such an action packed weekend that it is Tuesday and I am playing "blog catch up!"

Between Friday's misadventure and run at Emerald Lake, Saturday's race at Nipika, Sunday's run up Sulphur Mountain, being stalked, charged and pinned by a crazed female elk on the same run (story to come soon!), going to a wedding on the shore of Two Jack Lake Sunday afternoon with a reception and overnighter at Storm Mountain Lodge, I am behind on life and blogging. And finally, after an entire winter of being healthy and training for Miwok without getting sick, surprise-surprise, I woke up this morning with sniffle-itis. Sniff-sniff.

So, as I get organised and try and find some time I will leave you with my friend Hollys' Race Report and photos on our quality time at the Nipika resort.

http://mrslopes.blogspot.com/

Nipika is on the border of Kootenay National Park about an hour and a quarter drive from Banff and it is magical. I commited to running a half marathon on trail with my favorite boy in the world, my husband Keith and was also joined by my friend Holly which just made the day even better!! I ran around in the woods and took a ridiculous amount of photos of which Holly has posted a few. Enjoy!


Leslie

5 comments:

Dave - Atlanta Trails said...

You were PINNED by an elk?!? That should be one heck of a blog post!

Backofpack said...

No, no, no! You can't slip in a comment like "pinned by an elk" then not tell us the story. That's just mean.

Backofpack said...

No, no, no! You can't slip in a comment like "pinned by an elk" then not tell us the story. That's just mean.

Sunshine Girl said...

Elk story forthcoming....and I mean pinned behind a tree! A standoff! Drama! Terror!

to be cont....

Meghan said...

Oh noes! Tell soon! I'm glad you're alright. Those female elk are feisty right now with their tiny calves!

Meghan