Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Just Truckin' Good Daddy.

A sign of spring: white legs and white snow courtesy of Mike


On Sunday I was joined by some new friends and old. Them kids were fast! I've got a little work to do on the "speed" side of things, but generally speaking I find the further I run, the slower I get. Back in the day, my legs had some speed - but these days I kind of move like a Kenworth truck. Strong, powerful and sturdy - with the potential for speed, but mostly stuck on cruise control. Kamren, Ed and Jen made us move a little bit faster than usual - and that's a good thing. Sometimes a girl needs to put the pedal to the medal - maybe in a few months my engine will respond, but in the mean time, I'm still cruisin' in the slow lane.


Kamren


Keith, Mike, Jen and Ed


Fly Mike!


Ed and Jen - the Gazelles



Kamren and Keith


Ater the 35km on Friday, I took a break on Saturday and then ran for 4 hours on Sunday. Keith did NOT take a break: he rode his bike for 3.5 hours and got a 100km under his saddle. My husband has officially crossed the line into the world of exercised induced insanity and I'm so proud. Keith is in training for a "double Trans Rockies". This year he's going to do the 7 day Trans Rockies bike and then, he's following it up the next week with the Trans Rockies Run.

Hot Damn!

6 comments:

Danni said...

Ummmmmmmmmmm I think you're pretty fast so clearly these are people I can't go running with (unless they're comfy with letting me trail miles behind).

Keith is a god damn rock star and that's all I have to say about that.

Leslie said...

Ummmmmmmmmm I think you're pretty much Keith's favorite person right now.

Jo Lynn said...

Go Keith! Wow.

I love your pictures, they are so beautiful. ;)

Kaz said...

You aint seen slow until you've seen this pregnant lady plod! Ha ha!

Glad you had a good run.

Kaz

Leslie said...

Thanks, Jo Lynn! I'm dreaming of some of those sweet Bay area trails. No Diablo for me (or anyone else!) this year - but I'm still dreamin' of California poppies!

Hi Kaz! At least you're still plodding. :)

Ed said...

Awesome day!!!
The sun was shining, conversation great and fun to run with you guys. I hope we can again soon.